Sunday, April 22, 2018

TIMBER!


"...you getting up and trying to work past it is going to make it worse."

Truth.

We trimmed trees, dragged limbs uphill, and cut up branches today for our exercise...for 2-3 hours. I was, as the woman in the video said, "knackered."

Afterward, I was using the garage wall and the car for support as I stood there. I was proud I was actually still standing. Hubby mentioned I looked tired.

"I'm beyond that."

I made my way into the house and was proud of myself for not just lying down on the garage floor or the hallway tile. TIMBER!! 🙈

Actually making it to the bathroom, I even stubbornly decided to stay upright and endeavor to shower.  I was going all out here! I'd resolved long ago to stay active. By gum, I meant it!💪



Not too hot on the water now.  WHEW!  Feat accomplished!

As I was patting myself dry and patting myself on the back for not going straight to bed (while just figuring to launder sweaty, tree-dirty sheets later), I pondered what hubby had said earlier about his being tired but thinking about how the tree crew we'd had here a few weeks ago had done such stuff all day and in the rain!

I'd answered, "Yeah, but they had help. [Meaning there were a lot of them; this was just two of us.] I don't like comparing myself to other people like that, for I'm wanting to be proud of myself for doing what I did!"

Pushing further, I didn't go to bed straight away.

While my hair dried, I worked online for a bit.

Then, though, I went to bed (around 5pm) and slept until 9pm. I could have gone back to sleep. But, I got up, fixed a late supper, and am now awake at 12:35am. The bed is starting to call my name again.

 Found on Disney wiki :)

Often, I try to work past it. Not always doable.

Normal people, you know how, when you have a bad cold or the flu and you just keep going and going because you have so much to do? Then, your body just "hits the brick wall," and you have little choice but to rest. Yeah, that's kind of the same brick wall here, only higher and thicker...and it just fell on you. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment